Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The water colour road

Thought you may be interested to see some of my tools and hear a little about what each medium involves.  This is my water colour table.  My little dishes for mixing paint. My beautiful brushes(. I refuse to use sable as I won't be involved in the cruel practices involved).
My travel set and a picture I'm working on.  I use high quality cold pressed paper. Will talk about paper another time.
Paper is usually taped down but this painting is dry. Thanks for dropping by. 

7 comments:

  1. Oops!!! The Ayer table is actually watercolour table.
    Must pay more attention to predicted text.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watercolours but my own efforts have been dire! It is a very difficult meduim to use and you are very good at it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, yes more please. I envy you, it must be a joy to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely chris, I think the drawing/painting gene passed me by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be able to find the time at the moment to sit paint and draw. It's a very soothing pastime, not that I'm any good at it.

    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More please too !
    Its great to see the tools of the trade Chris, I hadn't even thought of the sable issue with brushes, something to find more out about.

    ReplyDelete